The Hartford Insurance Company understands that today’s consumers have a plethora of options to choose from when they are in the market to purchase insurance products and services for their personal and business needs. They work tirelessly to provide their clients with the kinds of trusted service, reliable insurance coverage, and up-to-date information they can depend upon when they need them the most. That is why they lead the industry in providing quality property insurance, casualty insurance, and mutual funds to their customers.
A Timeline of over 200 Years of Insurance Knowledge and Customer Service
- The Hartford has been in business for over 200 years.
- On May 10, 1810, they were incorporated and began offering Fire Insurance coverage to their clients.
- By 1825, they issued a policy to Yale University, making them the first insurance company to provide coverage protect to a college or university.
- When The Great Earthquake of 1906 struck San Francisco, they steadfastly stood by their customers by paying out over $11.6 million in claims, more than any other insurance company in business at that time.
- In 1913, the company expanded the types of coverage they offered, to include protections against losses caused by auto liability, personal damages, accidents, and from interruptions to business caused by catastrophic losses.
- In 1931 and in 1937, they issued the contract bonds needed for the construction of both The Hoover Dam and The Golden Gate Bridge.
- The company began issuing life insurance policies to their clients in 1959.
- By 1981, they became the first major insurance provider to offer Universal Life Insurance coverage.
- In 1984, The Hartford partnered with AARP to offer homeowner’s insurance and auto insurance to AARP‘s members.
- In 1996, they began offering Mutual Funds to their clients, back by over $10 billion in assets.
- 2008 saw the company added to the list of “The World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
The Famous Stag Logo
The company’s Stag logo was prominently displayed on an insurance policy bought by President Abraham Lincoln in 1861. The stag was also known as a “hart.” Sir Edwin Landseer painted a scene entitled “The Monarch of The Glen”, which featured a stag (or hart) crossing a stream (or ford.) It made perfect sense to use this image as a logo to represent a company called “The Hartford.”
The Stag Logo represents the highest standards of strength and stability their clients have come to rely on and that the company is known for.
A Few of Their Well-Known Clients
- General Robert E. Lee purchased a policy to protect his now famous home “Arlington.”
- Baseball Legend Babe Ruth brought was then known as a “sickness policy” on the same day he was traded to The Boston Red Sox.
- Buffalo Bill filed a claim with the company for $2,000 in property losses due to a fire that happened in 1890.
The Hartford Difference
At Hartford, they proudly take personal responsibility for their company’s and their client’s success. They constantly strive to provide the most comprehensive coverage protections, backed with over 200 years of experience and knowledge. They understand just how devastating unexpected, unprotected losses can be. They focus on building and maintaining strong partnerships with other companies and with each of their clients. The company makes providing excellent service and protection their number one goal. They are always on the lookout for new opportunities to offer their clients and employees new ways to succeed. They subscribe to and consistently practice the highest ethical business conduct and standards.
Innovative Hartford Products, Services and Protections You Can Count On
The “Green” Advantage
No one enjoys the hassles that come with having to rebuild after an unexpected disaster strikes. We live in an age where society is pushing for the use of greener, cleaner products and materials that will help the environment and better conserve our precious natural resources. The Hartford hopes to make that process a little bit easier by offering ”Green Rebuilding” coverage available through their Home Advantage Insurance Program.
By offering incentives to use more environmentally responsible materials, products and appliances, The Hartford can help their clients save more money by reducing their energy consumption and reducing their energy costs. They even offer discounts for the use of environmentally friendly vehicles such as hybrid and electric passenger vehicles.
Trusted Business Protections
The Hartford offers more than just property protection for business owners. They further protect you and your employees by offering tailored Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Mutual Fund benefit packages to your staff. In fact, their mutual funds are ranked at #3 with the Barron’s/Lipper Fund. They were the first insurance company to have a dedicated small business unit that specializes in the customized coverage and services your company needs the most, including protection from losses caused by Data Breaches.
Peace of Mind for you and your Family, when you Need it the Most
The Hartford has the wide array of insurance products and services needed to instill the peace of mind you and your family deserve. They specialize in affordable homeowners, renters, and flood insurance protection. For larger auto and home claims they offer Umbrella coverage. They can show you customized solutions for protecting your recreational vehicles, such as campers, boats, motorcycles and more. They have automobile insurance packages and rates suited to fit most budgets. They can help save more of your hard-earned money by offering discounts between 5% and 20% with their coverage bundling options.
With their top-notch claims service staffed with highly skilled agents, they strive to provide their clients with the best insurance coverage and protection in the industry. It doesn’t matter whether your insurance claim is for a small loss or if it is for a much larger one, you can always rely on The Hartford Insurance company and their claims agents to professionally, painlessly and efficiently guide you through the insurance claims process. Their goal is to get you, your business, and your employees back on your feet again as soon as possible.